Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rendir en rhovan Forum Index -> Membership Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Haldaer
Gwanur

re: App: Randric

The application submitted by Randric is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Haldaer
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 2
Race : Elf
Class : Guardian

Character name:
Haldaer Isilohtar

Character age:
Ancient (Born in Tirion during the days of the trees)

Character description:
Before you stands an Elf Lord of Old. Of strong body and mind, Haldaer is a Noldor elf of great physical stature. His height is tall, even among the eldar. A dwarf once remarked he was, "As a great statue of the old world. One who has been hewn from stone and time, standing resolute." Though being accounted as one of the Noldor, he bears the golden hair of the Vanyar. In this he resembles his mother, unlike his two dark haired siblings. Grey eyes ever survey the world around him. He is often solemn, a stoic who's face depicts little emotion.

Character biography:
The firstborn son of Élohtar an Elf Noble in service to Fingolfin and his Vanyar wife, he dwelt in Tirion in the years of the trees. His mother-name was Maltanon. Q. "Gold Son." He was named thus as he displayed the golden hair of her people over the dark of his father. His father-name was Haldaer. Q. "Hidden One" So named for his solidarity, and tendency to slip away unnoticed. He marched with Fingon since the begining of his service... He still bares the sorrows of the day he became ensnared in the affairs of Feanor and his actions.

During the wars of Beleriand, both he, his brother, and his father were among the nobles who fought along side Fingolfin. During the battle of Nirnaeth Arnoediad, he fought in the guard of Fingon with his father and brother, but as the battle turned ill, his father was slain. Haldaer, now Lord and leader of Thlim Telparin (House of the Silver Morning) and his brother were swept up in the retreat of Turgon now High King of the Noldor and they thus ended up in Gondolin ere it fell. There he was gifted a great sword of the smiths of that city for his service to the line of Fingolfin and to replace the sword lost in Nirnaeth Arnoediad. He named it Aurelcundo ((Elf Gaurdian)) in the high tongue. For a time his heart and mind were eased and he found rest. Then came the dark one and his armies, and Gondolin the fair fell, and the Blessing that had been his was taken from him. He suffered many sorrows in the first age... But it was, and is still said by the rare individual who has knowledge, that he suffered his worst wound in the destruction of Gondolin. T'was not a wound of the body, and he speaks not freely of it. When asked, all he will say is thus: "Almarë ((Blessing)) was taken from my life... I have lingered, bereft, ever since that day."
During the second age the brothers separated as Aldamelindo chose to dwell among the Silvan elves under Oropher, taking up the bow as a hunter. Haldaer, in grief of his fathers death and the sorrows of the first age named himself Ialaer, S. "Blood Song." Choosing the common Sindarin over Quenya. He was among the smiths who traveled with Celebrimbor and dwelt in Ost-in-Edhil. He was blessed with not being present when it fell to Sauron, but he did fight long and hard in the ensuing conflict.

In the Third Age he has remained, and again taken up his name of old, and pledged never to depart for the west, till Middle Earth Stands free of Sauron, or his body falls and spirit is claimed by Mandos. He serves with the Mithdirith of the Loth-i-Lonnath, as payment of an unpayable debt nearly as old as himself. He may be seen standing fast against the darkness proudly baring the crest of his house, four pointed leaves of Telperion blazoned upon a silver circle and rich burgundy. His battle cry driving fear into the foes of this mighty elf Lord of old: "Aurë maruva vórëa!" "Day SHALL Endure!"

Player timezone (optional):
Atlantic

Is this your main character?:
Yes

Do you roleplay? If yes, how much?:
Medium/Heavy RP

How much do you know about LOTR lore and Elves?:
I consider myself quite knowledgable in terms of Lore, Elven in particular, as the first age is my passion. I read the Silmarillion 2-3 times a year. I have read most of Tolkien's published works (Multiple times) I understand that I will make mistakes and am open to correction.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 3x a Month
Monday -> 1x a Month
Tuesday -> 1x a Month
Wednesday -> 1x a Month
Thursday -> 1x a Month
Friday -> 1x a Month
Saturday -> 3x a Month
Golchador
Uirebrandir
Einior

re: APPROVED - App: Randric - by Uirebrandir

Greetings and welcome to the Kinship.

Seeing that your character is a fresh one, after you are out of the introduction, I will try to get in touch with you to get you into the Kinship in-game as well.

Alagothrandir of Combe, Ranger of the North // Fangor Golchador Istilben of Lindon, former Warden of Imladris (IG name: Golchador) // Faemagor Fangorion of Imladris, survivor of the War of the Last Alliance // Malfain of Imladris, wandering Minstrel // Faelcham Taurandis Fangorien of Imladris, Esteldin friend (IG name: Taurandis)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rendir en rhovan Forum Index -> Membership Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: