Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rendir en rhovan Forum Index -> Membership Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eroleth
Orowen
Aranel

re: APPROVED - App: Cabinold - by Uirebrandir

Welcome!

Yeah, he has that tendency to speak in server time without always saying so, leaving everyone confused tongue out

I'll be IG today during most of the day, in particular around late afternoon to evening ST, so if Randir doesn't make it, I can lend a hand instead

Londhir
Cabinold
Gwanur

Just saw this now. Don't know if you mean your evening or mine, but if you have a time, I can try to be around.

You are most welcome and welcome to the Kinship. Happy

We do need and desire to expand our story beyond the bounds of an usual family story in the middle of a war, as it looks like right now, and turn our Kinship into an actual company, instead of a group of wandering relatives.

I will spend a decent amount of time in game tonight, so we can get you into the Kinship in-game as well and have some random roleplay, if you are available.

Alagothrandir of Combe, Ranger of the North // Fangor Golchador Istilben of Lindon, former Warden of Imladris (IG name: Golchador) // Faemagor Fangorion of Imladris, survivor of the War of the Last Alliance // Malfain of Imladris, wandering Minstrel // Faelcham Taurandis Fangorien of Imladris, Esteldin friend (IG name: Taurandis)
Londhir
Cabinold
Gwanur

Thanks for the approval! I finally decided to jump in with you all after getting some information a few months ago. I look forward to helping expand the story you've got going.

Oh for crying out loud, I still haven't gotten used to the fact that I live in the Central time zone, not the Eastern anymore. Sorry...

re: App: Cabinold

The application submitted by Cabinold is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Londhir
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 36
Race : Elf
Class : Lore-master

Character name:
Londhir

Character age:

Character description:
Londhir is quiet, standing about six feet tall and usually apart from the crowd. A master of lore, he is usually wearing soft robes in typical elvish style, though he always wears an item or more of sea blue to remind him of his home. He wears the long, dark hair of the Noldor tied back, and prefers not to wear hooded cloaks if he can manage. His staff sits tied to his back under his pack, used only to channel his knowledge of lore.

Character biography:
Londhir was born in Lindon roughly 200 years before the end of the Second Age to Noldorin refugees who fled the destruction of Eregion. They settled with their kin in the haven of Forlond, in Forlindon on the Gulf of Lune. Though not a craftsman, he had a fondness for the ships built in the Havens, and the study of them is what inspired him to broaden his study of lore. When the Elves of Lindon marched to the Battle of the Last Alliance, though not a warrior, either, he accompanied them, but played no key role in the siege.

For the next thousand years, he spent most of his time in Forlond and Mithlond studying lore, but would occassionally wander the road between Lindon and Rivendell under the stars. He was present in the Havens when Aiwendil landed and took the name Radagast, and before Radagast departed, Londhir learned many arts of lore from him. Five hundred years later, he accompanied his lord to the Battle of Fornost, and then, when the palantir in the White Towers was rediscovered, Londhir studied it. The next few centuries saw him wandering the ruins of old Arnor and Eregion, studying and gathering forgotten texts and fragments of old lore.

When the White Council met in T.A. 2851, and Radagast resolved to aid Saruman in the search for the One Ring, Londhir accompanied him to Rhosgbel for a short while and aided him--the only time he crossed the Misty Mountains.

Londhir returned over the Misty Mountains and made his way back to Lindon. With the shadow again rising in the East, and because of his friendship with the wizard, he was sent by Cirdan again to seek the aid of Radagast while Galdor was sent to Rivendell on his errand. Londhir unexpectedly encountered Radagast in the Lonelands, and has since remained in Eriador to help stall the spread of the shadow.

Player timezone (optional):
EST

Is this your main character?:
No

If this isn't your only character, what are the names of your other characters and the kinships they belong to?:
Cabinold Brancher - Rangers of the West (Gladden server - main)
Gormafadoc - none (Gladden server)

Do you roleplay? If yes, how much?:
Medium/Heavy RP

How much do you know about LOTR lore and Elves?:
Quite a bit. I used to read the LotR every year, am in the middle of it again. I have also read the Hobbit, the Silmarillion, the Unfinished Tales, the Children of Hurin, and have read the first half of the History of Middle Earth series. I frequently access the Tolkien Gateway, the Encyclopedia of Arda, and have print copies of the Tolkien Bestiary and the Atlas of Middle-Earth.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 2x a Month
Monday -> 3x a Month
Tuesday -> 3x a Month
Wednesday -> Never
Thursday -> 3x a Month
Friday -> Never
Saturday -> 3x a Month

Jump to: