Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rendir en rhovan Forum Index -> Membership Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Galdhron

re: App: Gladnagl

The application submitted by Gladnagl is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Galdhron
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 14
Race : Elf
Class : Lore-master

Character name:
Galdhron

Character age:
Young for an elf

Character description:
For now plays primarily a blue-line Lore-Master, but may switch to Yellow-Line later. Active with the jewelry craft, and tries to "live off the land" with the cooking craft (use what he can scavenge). Right now he has a lot of contempt for Silvan elves, and would refer to Mirkwood Elves as Greenwood Elves if they would only clean up their forest of the evil. Since he is an exile, he's worried about staying in one place to long, even seeking asylum in Rivendell.

Character biography:
RP usually on.

Galdhron is (or was) one of the rare Noldoran elves living in Mirkwood. His parents were some of the Eregion refugees that did not make it to Rivendell, but rather settled in what was then known as Greenwood the Great. As the forest slowly became Mirkwood, Galdhron and his parents both became more outspoken about the inattention paid by the Silvan Elves to their duty to the forest.

Galdhron was an intense student of nature, so much so that he mastered many of the mineral and animal secrets. His interests in alchemy and myth made him a perfect candidate for mastering the lore of the elves. It also made him a target of the Silvan elf aristocracy.

After being vocal one too many times, Galdhron was brought up on charges of insurrection and sorcery. His only choice was exile, one he gladly accepted. Fated to roam vast regions of Middle Earth, without purpose, he was (un)fortunate to find himself in this ancestor's land of Lindon when Skorgrim made his fateful reappearance.

Galdhron would make a good dwarf. He is moody, dour, and not particularly charitable, given his rough treatment by kinsmen. He has a difficult time trusting, although he is generous with his time and resources. XXX has been looking for redemption of his Noldor heritage, and may have found it in the Free Peoples fight against the forces of Angmar. He is still unsure, but there is only one way to find out...

Player timezone (optional):
EST (Server Time)

Is this your main character?:
Yes

If this isn't your only character, what are the names of your other characters and the kinships they belong to?:
My only character in Landroval. I have 5 characters on Laurelin who also RP.

Do you roleplay? If yes, how much?:
Medium/Heavy RP

How much do you know about LOTR lore and Elves?:
Quite a bit. Have read Silmarillion (long time ago) LOTR, Hobbit, and a few other scattered stories. Also interested IRL in learning Sindarin, and have the Dave Salo book. I'm school trained as a linguist.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 2x a Month
Monday -> 2x a Month
Tuesday -> 2x a Month
Wednesday -> 2x a Month
Thursday -> 2x a Month
Friday -> 2x a Month
Saturday -> 2x a Month

Einior

re: DECLINED - App: Gladnagl - by Uirebrandir

Greetings,

I would like to have an RP meeting with you in-game. I can be on-line around 6 pm Server Time either tonight (Friday) or either day during this weekend. If another time or day is more convenient to you, please let me know.

Alagothrandir of Combe, Ranger of the North // Fangor Golchador Istilben of Lindon, former Warden of Imladris (IG name: Golchador) // Faemagor Fangorion of Imladris, survivor of the War of the Last Alliance // Malfain of Imladris, wandering Minstrel // Faelcham Taurandis Fangorien of Imladris, Esteldin friend (IG name: Taurandis)
Galdhron

re: An RP meeting

Well met!

An RP meeting would be most agreeable. I usually work afternoons on weekdays and one of the weekend days, but can do either 8:00PM server time Friday (today) or at some time on Saturday.

The following insights may make setting up the RP meeting easier. Galdhron has been working dwarven tasks lately out of Thorin's Hall, as well as selling harvested hides and gemstones (I believe your kinsman may be looking for the same). You may have heard of a foreign elf, known to Thorin's folk (Acquaintance Rep), trading these. It would not be hard for an elf to offer a better price for these goods. The barkeep in Thorin's tavern could help you track down Galdhron, who has been known to have an ale either before or after a transaction.
Golchador
Uirebrandir
Einior

8 pm Server Time is a little late in my timezone, but since mornings are more convenient to you and reasonable enough to me, could we try tomorrow (Saturday) morning Server Time? I don't mind what the exact time will be, since I will be available almost throughout the day.

Alagothrandir of Combe, Ranger of the North // Fangor Golchador Istilben of Lindon, former Warden of Imladris (IG name: Golchador) // Faemagor Fangorion of Imladris, survivor of the War of the Last Alliance // Malfain of Imladris, wandering Minstrel // Faelcham Taurandis Fangorien of Imladris, Esteldin friend (IG name: Taurandis)
Galdhron

Let's try for 9AM Saturday, server time, which happens to be my time zone as well.

Thanks!
Golchador
Uirebrandir
Einior

That's great. I will be there. Happy

Galdhron

Galdhron has made it to Imladris, thanks to Gandalf, and that trip has significantly altered Galdhron's view of his mission and purpose (especially as a Noldo). It remains to be seen whether he will be staying any significant time in the Trollshaws, and thus be eligible for kinship.

Prince Legolas asked Galdhron's assistance with the orcs from Dol Guldur. Galdhron explained to him the circumstances of being outcast by King Thranduil over being outspoken about the very issue of orcs and spiders. Legolas granted a Writ of Safe Passage (to be presented to any who would challenge his reappearance as an outcast) should Galdhron take on the mission. There is a very good chance that if he is successful in Mirkwood, Thranduil may grant a pardon.

It remains to be seen how long the Rangers may keep him occupied with tasks in Arnor until Galdhron can be skilled enough to take on the Mirkwood assignment. (In LOTRO terms, Galdhron is L20, Mirkwood is L60, the player has the Mirkwood quest pack.)

This is all to say that if the Rendir en Rhovan membership request is granted, said membership may be of short duration.
Eroleth
Orowen
Aranel

It looks like your RPs greatly revolve around IG quests, which may not be something wrong, but they make toons appear too heroic to others and, thus, more difficult to approach and RP with. I read on your post that you also see your position in the Kinship already a temporary one. This begs the blunt question:

Why did you apply then, if you don't intend to stay?

Galdhron

"...too heroic to others..." Which others might that be?

Every one of my toons received the visions of Galadriel in their dream during Prologue, and believe themselves chosen to fulfill a small, yet heroic role. That is their role they feel destined to play. Although Galdhron has no illusions for a lore breaking Noldor kingdom, it's no stretch to see a reconstituted Arnor, possibly even a Reunited Kingdom under a Dunadan king. And an elven sense of history would suggest the dwarves will never rest until they reclaim Dwarrowdelf, no matter the cost.

From the slaying of Baugarch to the securing of Trestlebridge to the storming of Dol Guldur, there are too many heroic opportunities in a land of too few heroes. I thought from reading your kinship's mission description that our interests would align there.

To be equally blunt, I have no interest in role playing as the landscape, nor using Imladris for anything more than an encampment to launch attacks against Angmar. Galdhron is of the Golodhrim, who stakes his claim with the non-Noldor elves remaining in the Fourth Age. He has also become a Friend of Man, and sees his destiny intertwined with theirs. If the remaining Noldor choose to book passage from Mithlond, Galdrhon may visit the remains of Imladris from time to time so to pay respects to the Elrond's evacuation of Eregion and their kinships.
Golchador
Uirebrandir
Einior

To be also equally blunt, I'm rejecting your application because:

- You applied while already considering the Kinship as a temporary house for your character and you dodged Orowen's legitimate question, which happens to be mine as well.
- You prefer a more epic and heroic kind of roleplay than what our Kinship can provide.

I wish you good luck and I hope you find a Kinship that will suit your needs.

Galdhron

FWIW (and to not evade the question), the understanding that Galdhron's kin membership could only be temporary was not pre-planned; it occurred after the Thorin's Hall RP and after his trip to Imlandris. Sometimes realization occurs in far less than a month of probation.

No hard feelings; best wishes to you and your kinnies.[/url]
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rendir en rhovan Forum Index -> Membership Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: