View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eroleth
Orowen
Aranel

re: Personal Goals for Orelchon And Radrion

Elves may be tricky to RP in such a way, being so long-lived that they can't really change as characters, but there's still lots of room to work on their finer details due to that very same longevity and the experience they've gathered

The reason why the profiles of my Elves are still mostly blank is because their past is still to be shaped. I have a general idea in my head about each of them, so that I can RP them differently (when I do manage to do so though, because sometimes I don't think I succeed tongue out ), but the details come out slowly and over time through interaction with others

Orelchon
Gwanur

Thanks for that advice. I'll keep that in mind, and keep stewing over it once I get back in the game and RP. Until then, I'll have to do some thinking about what each of them is like as individuals and what vague goal they would work towards that I have better idea of playing as them and RP will provide jumping off points for goals. Hooray for character development!
Eroleth
Orowen
Aranel

Yeah, that's a good way to go, if not the best way. This is more or less how we've built the kinship's story so far: based on our own toons' personal goals while still working on giving them a feeling of having things in common, other than being relatives (some of them at least). That's how we came up with all the missions in Angmar, the Trollshaws etc.

I think that RP itself is the best way to make a vague goal into something more precise. Thus, if you want to RP and there's no event planned, just holler and it'll happen. If you have an idea about an RP event, do speak up. We want to get away from our family RP, as it's now, and turn our kin into a true company with everyone having equal saying on how to progress and what to do next

This thread's in the right place, if you want guests to be able to read it and comment. If you want it to go somewhere more private instead, just let me know and I'll move it wink

Orelchon
Gwanur

I'm assisting Brucha in one of his Total Immersion stories as Turodhor right now, and I asked him about how to go about forming a character arc for him, and he said to give the character a concrete goal. So I tried it with Turodhor, and it's really given me a boost and focus.

Now I'm trying to come up with ones for Orelchon and Radrion. I already have a vague goal for Orelchon. His is to end the war so that Middle-Earth could be preserved. I think I need a more concrete goal, though. Not entirely sure what though.

Not entirely sure with Radrion either, except maybe to succeed at a the hardest hunt available, which isn't likely to happen since I'm F2P. tongue out He's more of just an adventurer and wanderer who travels for the joy of it more than anything else.

So yeah, no idea if this is the right place or not. This is sort of just a note that I'm working on this and will be focusing the RP on discovering these for now.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rendir en rhovan Forum Index -> Camp fire All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum